This restored Spanish colonial mission is located in the north San Fernando Valley near the City of San Fernando. It includes gardens, a museum and a replica of the orginal church.
The mission, established in 1797, was the 17th in the chain of "Alta" California missions that served as outposts and way stations for travelers on El Camino Real (the kings highway).
The mission originally included over 121,000 acres with cattle, sheep and horses. It grew corn and wheat and produced tallow, blankets, hides, olive oil, wine and other goods.
The workshops show the tools used at the mission for blacksmithing, weaving and candlemaking, etc.
The mission church is a replica of the original church and holds Sunday Mass.
The property also houses the Archival Center for the Los Angeles Archdiocese.
Open daily 9 am - 5 pm
Also visit the Memory Park across the street at Brand Park.
One of several mission fountains. The church is behind on the right and the workshops on the left.
View of the church and workshops from the west side.
Inside the church
NOTE: It is always a good idea to verify date, time, location and other information prior to going.
Eye Spy LA is not responsible for the accuracy of this information.