ABOUT EYE SPY LA
The local's Guide for events,
places to go, and things to do.
EDITOR: Andrea Kirk
W. HOLLYWOOD LUNCHTIME CHAN MEDITATION: INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY BEYOND MINDFULNESS
|Health & Fitness in West Hollywood|
Address: 750 N San Vicente Blvd
GO TO Website Link
TELL YOUR FRIENDS
What we'll do
- Learn proper sitting posture. (You may bring your own yoga mat for sitting)
- Learn several techniques of meditation.
- Silent meditation 15~30 mins (We will decide that day)
- Questions and answers, socializing.
- Instructor will explain various topics of meditation to help you build foundation including samadhi (concentration) power, proper mindfulness, samadhi levels, good knowing adviser, what to do and not to do in meditation and etc.
What to bring
- Wear comfortably (loose pants)
- Bring your own mat to sit on the floor.
- It is recommended to have a towel to cover your legs while sitting.
- You can meditate in the chair but sitting on the floor is much more beneficial for you.
What is Chan Meditation
Chan (called "zen" in Japanese) is a central practice of Mahayana Buddhism. Chan is a word originated from the Sanskrit word Dhyana. It means "concentration", "stillness contemplation" or "thought cultivation". We follow the tradition of Wei Yang Chan school lineage, one of five Chan schools transmitted by Grand Dharma Master Hsuan Hua.
When we think of meditation, we automatically relate it to “relaxation” or “feeling good”. In fact, Chan Meditation, one of the most powerful meditation schools, advocates to sit and endure discomforts while meditating in sitting posture. Only hard work and consistent effort will produce genuine results in meditation training.
In Chan meditation, the results are solid and concrete. You will be much more relaxed and peaceful by increasing your concentration power. This class will teach some of the basic meditation techniques of Chan. The powerful techniques of Chan will help you develop greater focus and concentration with an immediate and practical application to your life, enhancing your work and daily routines. As your concentration power grows, you will become calm and centered. You will become healthier and function more effectively at whatever you put your mind to. Furthermore, Chan training will help you build strong foundations which will help you keep making progress along the way and reach your highest potentials.
NOTE: It is always a good idea to verify date, time, location and other information prior to going.
Eye Spy LA is not responsible for the accuracy of this information.
Go To Website *** Get MAP ***
Follow Eye Spy LA
No documents found
MONTHLY LA EVENTS CALENDAR
MAY LA Calendar
ART THIS WEEK IN L.A.