Some of Eye Spy LA's favorite places to go & things to do anytime. READ MORE
|"Other good sites for free or inexpensive activities and up-to-the-minute tips are EyeSpyLA.com, sf.funcheap.com, and londonforfree.net.” - shopping & travel writer Jennifer Paull for FOXNEWS.com|
"Just wanted to tell you how much I look forward to seeing your Eye Spy in my In Box. Keep up the good work....you are my social secretary!"
We get mail
"Had the most incredible time at the New Boyz free concert today with
my kids. Would never had known about it if not for your website. Thank you!!" -Elizabeth T
"Thank you so much for putting out this great resource! I just saw the hot air balloon festival and am over the moon happy about it!
Thanks & have a GREAT weekend:-)" - Ann
"Eye Spy LA is the greatest events calendar for LA. Period. Not only do we always list our Spirited Woman events in it and have pulled great results - but it is my own weekly "whats-going-on" bible, and I personally don't make a plan before checking the listings." - Nancy Mills Founder, Spirited Woman
"I so look forward to this [newsletter] every Friday. Thank you" - Icetea3
"Thank you for writing wonderful editions of Eye Spy LA. Every Fri. I look forward to open my e-mail. It comes so handy to know about places or events that my family and I can attend on the weekends. Wishing you and your loved ones a happy and safe holiday season!!!!" - Patricia Arias
FREE Eye Spy LA
Don't miss out on free & discount ticket offers, contests and all of the other fun things to do in LA each week. Take a look at some past issues HERE
ABOUT EYE SPY LA
The local's Guide for events,
places to go, and things to do.
EDITOR: Andrea Kirk
CULINARY BASICS COOKING SERIES - 4 WKS - MONDAYS - 4/2/18 AT 7PM - W/CHEF ERIC CROWLEY AT THE CULINARY CLASSROOM
|Classes & Seminars in Beverly Hills|
Address: 2366 Pelham Avenue, Pico/Overland
GO TO Website Link
Go To Facebook
Go To Twitter
Go To You Tube
Go To Buy Tickets
TELL YOUR FRIENDS
ARE YOU ARE A BEGINNER? YOU CAN COOK!
Let Chef Eric show you how.
***Great for Newlyweds, Couples, Students, Young Adults***
“A great intro class with no stress and a ton of new recipes to try for the first time.
I cooked for 14 people and they loved it. Great new friends, too!” Jonathan Lee, Culinary Basics’ Graduate
CULINARY BASICS COOKING SERIES - $425 – 4 Weeks
Monday, 4/2/18-4/23/18 7:00pm-9:30pm
Monday, 4/30/18-5/21/18 7:00pm-9:30pm
• Classes designed for the novice cook with little or no culinary experience
•Easy-to-prepare Meals and Basic Cooking Techniques
- Roasting, Sautéing, Grilling, Baking
•Many ingredients purchased ready-to-cook for ease in the kitchen
•Knife Skills Instruction and Practice
Class #1 - Basic Knife Skills and Meal Preparation Learn how to Chop, Slice, Julienne and Dice vegetables quickly and efficiently. Explore the more complicated Brunoise, Paysanne, Batonnet and Tourne knife cuts to get more confident and create variety for your dishes. Learn many cooking techniques for easily-prepared meals with chicken and beef:
• Risotto-Style Orzo Pasta with Parmesan Cheese
• Latin-Style Strip Loin Steak with Chayote Squash flavored with Oregano and Lime
• Ajieco Stew (Chicken, Potato and Corn Stew)
• Spiced Peruvian Chickpea Cakes
Class #2 – This class shows students how quickly and easily International Meals can be prepared from start to finish using organizational techniques, knife skills, and cooking techniques learned during the previous class.
• Pan-Seared Chicken with Fresh Tomato-Herb Sauce
• Lemon Orzo Pasta with Kalamata Olives
• Asian Chicken Skewers with Spicy Peanut Sauce and Thai-Style Rice Noodles
• Grilled Carne Asada with homemade Guacamole Sauce, Sour Cream, Olives and Tortillas
• Mom’s Mouthwatering Meatloaf with Mashed Carrots and Potatoes
• Chicken and Chile Stew with Pilaf-Style Rice
Class #3 – Hearty Potatoes and Light Homemade Pastas and Sauces are added to the menu with delicious accompanying Sauces - lighter versions of these hearty dishes are discussed.
• Homemade Pasta with House-Dried Herbs and Bolognese-Style Spaghetti Sauce
• Traditional Herb and Cheese Spaetzle with Cream Sauce
• Roasted Potatoes with Olive Oil, Garlic and Rosemary
• Homemade Tagliatelle with Bolognese Meat Sauce
• Fettuccine Alfredo
• Potatoes au Gratin with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Puree
Class #4 – Final class covers basic sanitation, safety and cooking techniques with Fish and Shellfish recipes. Lots of great food and conversation as we dine to our hearts delight on our last class together with our newfound foodie friends. Feel free to bring some wine for the end of the last class.
• Seared and Spice-Crusted Ahi Tuna with Sesame Dressing on Julienned Lettuce
• Brown Rice and Edamame Beans with Soy Sauce
• Salmon Steamed in Wine and Spices on Mixed Greens with Balsamic Vinaigrette
• Grilled Chipotle-Spiced Shrimp and Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with French Dressing
• Bass and Mixed Vegetable Packets with Mint and Basil Pesto
• Sole Vin Blanc with Ginger-Lime-Scallion Butter and Shiitake Mushroom and Asparagus Sauté
“The Classroom is a warm environment to learn the basics of cooking.
The staff is friendly and supportive and took away my fears of cooking.” Alia Ascha, Culinary Basics’ Graduate
WELCOME TO THE CULINARY CLASSROOM
*A PRIVATE LOS ANGELES COOKING SCHOOL*
WE TEACH COOKING CLASSES TO THE MASSES
Bring your creativity and questions as you explore Cooking and Pastry/Baking to start a new career or impress your friends with your SKILLS as a Master Chef or Pastry Chef
• Master Chef Program – Certification Program
• Master Baking/Pastry Program – Certification Program
• Recreational Cooking AND Baking Classes
• Couples Romantic Date Night Dinner Classes
• 4-Week Culinary Basics Cooking Series/ Cooking Basics
• 4-Week Healthy Cooking Series
• Team Building Events /Private Cooking Parties for Adults
• Sizzle and Smooth Savory Seasonings Spice Blends
• KIDS SUMMER COOKING / BAKING CAMPS
Gift Certificates Available Via Email – The Perfect Gift for ANY Occasion
Register On-Line 24 Hours a Day @ http://culinaryclassroom.com/store
Sign up for our Newsletter – we’ll send you Class Listings and Seasonal Recipes!
Cook Well, Eat Well and BE Well! With Chef Eric Crowley
Convenient Parking/Freeway Close-405/10
1 Block East of Overland, Just North of Pico - Parking Just North of Pico on Overland
2366 PELHAM AVENUE - LOS ANGELES, CA 90064 -- PHONE: 310-470-2640 - FAX: 310-470-2642
NOTE: It is always a good idea to verify date, time, location and other information prior to going.
Eye Spy LA is not responsible for the accuracy of this information.
Go To Website *** Get MAP ***
Follow Eye Spy LA
No documents found
FREE Eye Spy LA
Don't miss out on free & discount ticket offers
and all of the other fun things to do in LA each week.
MONTHLY LA EVENTS CALENDAR
ART THIS WEEK IN L.A.