FREE Eye Spy LA
Don't miss out on free & discount ticket offers, contests and all of the other fun things to do in LA each week.
ABOUT EYE SPY LA
The local's Guide for events,
places to go, and things to do.
EDITOR: Andrea Kirk
CHEF ERIC'S CULINARY BASIC'S COOKING SERIES! MONDAYS 7PM-9:30PM
|Classes & Seminars in Los Angeles|
Date(s): 11/26/2018 to 12/17/2018
Address: 2366 Pelham Avenue
GO TO Website Link
Go To Facebook
Go To Twitter
Go To You Tube
Go To Buy Tickets
TELL YOUR FRIENDS
CULINARY BASICS COOKING SERIES - $425 – 4 Weeks
Monday, 11/26/18-12/17/18 7pm-9:30pm
Monday, 1/7/19-1/28/19 7pm-9:30pm
Classes designed for the novice cook with little or no culinary experience
Meets once weekly – 2 ½ hours - 4 weeks
Easy-to-prepare Meals and Basic Cooking Techniques
Roasting, Sautéing, Grilling, Baking
Preparation is key as steps are done in advance to save time
Many ingredients can be purchased ready-to-cook for ease in the kitchen
Knife Skills Instruction and Practice
Class #1 - Basic Knife Skills and Meal Preparation Learn how to Chop, Slice, Julienne and Dice vegetables quickly and efficiently. Explore the more complicated Brunoise, Paysanne, Batonnet and Tourne knife cuts to get more confident and create variety for your dishes. Learn many cooking techniques for easily-prepared meals with chicken and beef:
• Risotto-Style Orzo Pasta with Parmesan Cheese
• Latin-Style Strip Loin Steak with Chayote Squash flavored with Oregano and Lime
• Ajieco Stew (Chicken, Potato and Corn Stew)
• Spiced Peruvian Chickpea Cakes
Class #2 – This class shows students how quickly and easily International Meals can be prepared from start to finish using organizational techniques, knife skills, and cooking techniques learned during the previous class.
• Pan-Seared Chicken with Fresh Tomato-Herb Sauce
• Lemon Orzo Pasta with Kalamata Olives
• Asian Chicken Skewers with Spicy Peanut Sauce and Thai-Style Rice Noodles
• Grilled Carne Asada with homemade Guacamole Sauce, Sour Cream, Olives and Tortillas
• Mom’s Mouthwatering Meatloaf with Mashed Carrots and Potatoes
• Chicken and Chile Stew with Pilaf-Style Rice
Class #3 – Hearty Potatoes and Light Homemade Pastas and Sauces are added to the menu with delicious accompanying Sauces - lighter versions of these hearty dishes are discussed.
• Homemade Pasta with House-Dried Herbs and Bolognese-Style Spaghetti Sauce
• Traditional Herb and Cheese Spaetzle with Cream Sauce
• Roasted Potatoes with Olive Oil, Garlic and Rosemary
• Homemade Tagliatelle with Bolognese Meat Sauce
• Fettuccine Alfredo
• Potatoes au Gratin with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Puree
Class #4 – Final class covers basic sanitation, safety and cooking techniques with Fish and Shellfish recipes. Lots of great food and conversation as we dine to our hearts delight on our last class together with our newfound foodie friends. Feel free to bring some wine for the end of the last class.
• Seared and Spice-Crusted Ahi Tuna with Sesame Dressing on Julienned Lettuce
• Brown Rice and Edamame Beans with Soy Sauce
• Salmon Steamed in Wine and Spices on Mixed Greens with Balsamic Vinaigrette
• Grilled Chipotle-Spiced Shrimp and Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with French Dressing
• Bass and Mixed Vegetable Packets with Mint and Basil Pesto
• Sole Vin Blanc with Ginger-Lime-Scallion Butter and Shiitake Mushroom and Asparagus Sauté
“The Classroom is a warm environment to learn the basics of cooking.
The staff is friendly and supportive and took away my fears of cooking.” Alia Ascha, Culinary Basics’ Graduate
NOTE: It is always a good idea to verify date, time, location and other information prior to going.
Eye Spy LA is not responsible for the accuracy of this information.
Go To Website *** Get MAP ***
Follow Eye Spy LA
THE OINKSTER - SLOW FAST FOOD
2005 Colorado Blvd., Eagle Rock, Ca 323-255-Oink - I Happened, Quite Accidentally, Onto This Slow Fast Food Joint When I Was Exploring Some Of The Small Galleries In The Eagle Rock Area During The Holidays. It Turns Out They Cure Their Own Pastrami ....
MUSEUM FREE DAYS
- - Many Museums Offer Free Admission On Certain Days Of The Week Or Month - Most Are On Thursdays. Here Is A List And Links To Detailed Information. See The Museum Page For A List Of All Museums. Always ....
HERITAGE SQUARE MUSEUM
3800 Homer Street, Los Angeles, California 90031-1530 (323) 225-2700 - A Living History Museum Reflecting The Settlement And Development Of Southern California From The Civil War To The Early 20Th Century, Heritage Square Museum Offers Visitors A Look Into The Everyday ....
LOS ANGELES AREA FARMERS MARKETS
- Dates, Times And Locations For Weekly Farmers Markets In The Los Angeles Area:
RED LINE METRO SUBWAY
Runs From Union Station (Downtown L.A.) To North Hollywood (San Fernando Valley) - - From The Small Stage To The Small Screen, From Twenties Art Deco To Fifties Suburbs, From Making Films To Watching Them - The Subway Takes In A Big Slice Of Los Angeles. You Can Travel Between North ....
FREE Eye Spy LA
Don't miss out on free & discount ticket offers
and all of the other fun things to do in LA each week.
MONTHLY LA EVENTS CALENDAR
ART THIS WEEK IN L.A.