FREE Eye Spy LA
Don't miss out on free & discount ticket offers, contests and all of the other fun things to do in LA each week.
ABOUT EYE SPY LA
The local's Guide for events,
places to go, and things to do.
EDITOR: Andrea Kirk
CULINARY BASICS COOKING SERIES - $425 – 4 WEEKS - MONDAYS, 4/22/19-5/13/19
|Classes & Seminars in Los Angeles|
Date(s): 04/22/2019 to 05/13/2019
Time(s): 7 pm - 9:30 pm
Address: 2366 Pelham Avenue
GO TO Website Link
Go To Facebook
Go To Twitter
Go To You Tube
Go To Buy Tickets
TELL YOUR FRIENDS
CULINARY BASICS COOKING SERIES - $425 – 4 Weeks
Mondays, 4/22/19-5/13/19 7:00pm-9:30pm
• Classes designed for the novice cook with little or no culinary experience
• Basic Cooking Techniques - Roasting, Sautéing, Grilling, Baking
• Knife Skills Instruction and Practice
Class #1 - Basic Knife Skills and Meal Preparation Learn how to Chop, Slice, Julienne and Dice vegetables quickly and efficiently. Explore the more complicated Brunoise, Paysanne, Batonnet and Tourne knife cuts to get confident and create variety for your dishes. Learn many cooking techniques for easily-prepared meals with chicken and beef:
• Parmesan Risotto-Style Orzo Pasta
• Carne Asada with Oregano Lime Chayote Squash
• Ajieco Stew (Chicken, Potato and Corn Stew)
• Spiced Peruvian Chickpea Cakes
Class #2 – This class shows students how quickly and easily International Meals can be prepared from start to finish using organizational techniques, knife skills, and cooking techniques learned during the previous class.
• Pan-Seared Chicken with Fresh Tomato-Herb Sauce
• Kalamata Lemon Orzo Pasta
• Asian Chicken Skewers with Spicy Peanut Sauce
• Thai-Style Cucumber Rice Noodles
• Grilled Carne Asada with Guacamole, Rice Pilaf, Sour Cream, Olives and Tortillas
• Mom’s Meatloaf Cupcakes with Smashed Potato Frosting
Class #3 – Hearty Potatoes and Homemade Pastas and Sauces are added to the menu with delicious accompanying Sauces - lighter versions of these hearty dishes are discussed.
• Bolognese Meat Sauce Tagliatelle
• Fettuccine Alfredo
• Pasta with House-Dried Herbs
• Herb and Cheese Spaetzle with Cream Sauce
• Garlic Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
• Roasted Red Pepper Potatoes au Gratin
Class #4 – Final class covers basic sanitation, safety and cooking techniques with Fish and Shellfish recipes. Feel free to bring some wine for the end of the last class.
• Seared Spice-Crusted Ahi Tuna with Sesame Dressing
• Brown Rice and Soy Edamame
• Salmon Steamed in Wine and Herbs
• Mixed Greens with Balsamic Vinaigrette
• Mint Basil Pesto Bass Vegetable Packets
• Sole Vin Blanc with Ginger-Lime-Scallion Butter
• Seared Chipotle-Spiced Shrimp
• Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with French Dressing
• Shiitake Asparagus Sauté
WELCOME TO THE CULINARY CLASSROOM
*A PRIVATE LOS ANGELES COOKING SCHOOL*
WE TEACH COOKING CLASSES TO THE MASSES
Bring your creativity and questions as you explore Cooking and Pastry/Baking to start a new career or impress your friends with your SKILLS as a Master Chef or Pastry Chef
• Master Chef Program – Certification Program
• Master Baking/Pastry Program – Certification Program
• Recreational Cooking AND Baking Classes
• Couples Romantic Date Night Dinner Classes
• 4-Week Culinary Basics Cooking Series/ Cooking Basics
• Team Building Events /Private Cooking Parties for Adults
• Sizzle and Smooth Savory Seasonings Spice Blends
• KIDS SUMMER COOKING / BAKING CAMPS/ AFTERSCHOOL CAMPS
Gift Certificates Available Via Email – The Perfect Gift for ANY Occasion
Register On-Line 24 Hours a Day @ http://culinaryclassroom.com/store
Sign up for our Newsletter – we’ll send you Class Listings and Seasonal Recipes!
Cook Well, Eat Well and BE Well! With Chef Eric Crowley
Convenient Parking/Freeway Close-405/10
1 Block East of Overland, Just North of Pico - Parking Just North of Pico on Overland
2366 PELHAM AVENUE - LOS ANGELES, CA 90064 -- PHONE: 310-470-2640 - FAX: 310-470-2642
NOTE: It is always a good idea to verify date, time, location and other information prior to going.
Eye Spy LA is not responsible for the accuracy of this information.
Go To Website *** Get MAP ***
Follow Eye Spy LA
THE OINKSTER - SLOW FAST FOOD
2005 Colorado Blvd., Eagle Rock, Ca 323-255-Oink - I Happened, Quite Accidentally, Onto This Slow Fast Food Joint When I Was Exploring Some Of The Small Galleries In The Eagle Rock Area During The Holidays. It Turns Out They Cure Their Own Pastrami ....
MUSEUM FREE DAYS
- - Many Museums Offer Free Admission On Certain Days Of The Week Or Month - Most Are On Thursdays. Here Is A List And Links To Detailed Information. See The Museum Page For A List Of All Museums. Always ....
HERITAGE SQUARE MUSEUM
3800 Homer Street, Los Angeles, California 90031-1530 (323) 225-2700 - A Living History Museum Reflecting The Settlement And Development Of Southern California From The Civil War To The Early 20Th Century, Heritage Square Museum Offers Visitors A Look Into The Everyday ....
LOS ANGELES AREA FARMERS MARKETS
- Dates, Times And Locations For Weekly Farmers Markets In The Los Angeles Area:
RED LINE METRO SUBWAY
Runs From Union Station (Downtown L.A.) To North Hollywood (San Fernando Valley) - - From The Small Stage To The Small Screen, From Twenties Art Deco To Fifties Suburbs, From Making Films To Watching Them - The Subway Takes In A Big Slice Of Los Angeles. You Can Travel Between North ....
FREE Eye Spy LA
Don't miss out on free & discount ticket offers
and all of the other fun things to do in LA each week.
MONTHLY LA EVENTS CALENDAR
ART THIS WEEK IN L.A.