Some of Eye Spy LA's favorite places to go & things to do anytime. READ MORE
|"Other good sites for free or inexpensive activities and up-to-the-minute tips are EyeSpyLA.com, sf.funcheap.com, and londonforfree.net.” - shopping & travel writer Jennifer Paull for FOXNEWS.com|
"Just wanted to tell you how much I look forward to seeing your Eye Spy in my In Box. Keep up the good work....you are my social secretary!"
We get mail
"Had the most incredible time at the New Boyz free concert today with
my kids. Would never had known about it if not for your website. Thank you!!" -Elizabeth T
"Thank you so much for putting out this great resource! I just saw the hot air balloon festival and am over the moon happy about it!
Thanks & have a GREAT weekend:-)" - Ann
"Eye Spy LA is the greatest events calendar for LA. Period. Not only do we always list our Spirited Woman events in it and have pulled great results - but it is my own weekly "whats-going-on" bible, and I personally don't make a plan before checking the listings." - Nancy Mills Founder, Spirited Woman
"I so look forward to this [newsletter] every Friday. Thank you" - Icetea3
"Thank you for writing wonderful editions of Eye Spy LA. Every Fri. I look forward to open my e-mail. It comes so handy to know about places or events that my family and I can attend on the weekends. Wishing you and your loved ones a happy and safe holiday season!!!!" - Patricia Arias
FREE Eye Spy LA
Don't miss out on free & discount ticket offers, contests and all of the other fun things to do in LA each week. Take a look at some past issues HERE
ABOUT EYE SPY LA
The local's Guide for events,
places to go, and things to do.
EDITOR: Andrea Kirk
MASTER CHEF COOKING PROGRAM - 16 WEEKS OF CULINARY TRAINING WITH A EUROPEAN TRAINED CHEF AT THE CULINARY CLASSROOM
|Classes & Seminars in Beverly Hills|
Address: 2366 Pelham Avenue, Pico/Overland
GO TO Website Link
Go To Facebook
Go To Twitter
Go To You Tube
Go To Buy Tickets
TELL YOUR FRIENDS
Come Audit a Program Class and Meet Chef Eric Crowley 310-470-2640
CULINARY MASTER CHEF PROGRAM
Please call our office if you would like to audit a Program Class free of charge! Passionate about Cooking? Exploring the world of Culinary Arts? Thinking about a career as a Chef? Whatever your goal, we have a program or class for you. Many of CHEF ERIC’s students are cooking professionally in restaurants, and as caterers and personal chefs. Many others are simply more confident in their private kitchens cooking for their families, hosting dinner parties and creating wonderful meals. We assist in career guidance.
CULINARY MASTER CHEF PROGRAM – 16 Weeks - $2,700*
Payment Plans Available!
Includes the Culinary Textbook, Chef Jacket, Chef Apron
This information-packed series is what CHEF ERIC spent years learning at the CIA
Sundays, 1/21/18-5/6/18 9:30am-1:00pm
Tuesdays, 2/6/18-5/22/18 6:30pm-10:00pm
Saturdays, 3/3/18-6/23/18 10:00am-1:30pm
• Hands-on techniques for immediate application
• Ingredients fresh and unprocessed
• Students learn to prepare meals without recipes
• Certificates awarded upon completion of classes
• Pass the County Food Handlers Exam
This program is for individuals who want to cook like a professional and feel confident enough to take that knowledge into the workplace and their homes. The program meets weekly, 3 ½ hours a day, for sixteen weeks. Plating, presentation, costing, and recipe development are key components of this program.
• Class #1 – Introduction to the Kitchen / Knife Skills – Here we start with a strong foundation for your culinary education – the fundamental concepts, skills and techniques of basic cooking with emphasis on ingredients, cooking theories and techniques. Sanitation Instruction and Kitchen Equipment usage are emphasized. And don’t forget that essential of any kitchen – knives. We’ll cover the selection, use, sharpening and care of knives as well as how to masterfully Julienne, Batonette, Paysanne, Oblique, Tourne and Dice.
• Class #2 – All About Stocks – Learn the secrets of flavorful stocks and further strengthen your foundation as a Master Chef. Starting with the standard mise en place, sharpen those knife skills by slicing, chopping and mincing mirepoix for all types of white and brown stocks. We make traditional Vegetable, Fish and Beef stocks and roast bones for the stocks as well. Next you’ll get up close and personal by familiarizing yourself with seasonings and aromatics used in stocks, soups and sauces.
• Class #3 – Grand Sauces – This class will open your eyes to the elegant power of clarified butter and roux and how they are used to elevate Hollandaise, Béchamel, Veloute and Espagnol sauces to luscious new levels. Sauces are the primary foundation of many dishes and this building-block class is an important part of a Chef’s education. Learn to make vegetarian versions of these Grand Sauces and to repair broken sauces easily.
• Class #4 – Soups – Soups have been a staple around the world as far back as 6,000 BC. In this class you’ll learn time-tested traditions of soup preparation, all about thick soups vs clear soups, insider kitchen secrets of Consommé and how to turn sauce Béchamel into a soup. Using the stocks we made in Week #2, you will learn to make everything from Vegetarian Vegetable Soup and Manhattan Clam Chowder to Classic French Onion Soup and more.
• Class #5 – Contemporary Sauces – Moving on to the modern world, in this class Chef Eric will share how more contemporary sauces are prepared without the use of roux as a thickener. Some will be naturally thick and chunky, such as a salsa or chutney. Others use butter as a thickener, while still others use a refined starch, such as arrowroot or cornstarch. We’ll also show how sauces can add spice to life as we make Roasted Tomatillo Salsa, Horseradish Reduction Sauce, Tomato Basil Coulis, and Homemade Mayonnaise, to name a few.
• Class #6 – Breakfast and Eggs – Traditionally hailed as the most important meal of the day, breakfast is also a very important part of the foodservice industry. This class covers many different ways to prepare eggs, ranging from omelets and poached eggs with Hollandaise Sauce to savory soufflés. Batters and pastry dough skills will also be taught, a traditional staple skill that every professional chef must have.
• Class #7 – Vegetables – In a world that is increasingly aware of nutrition and healthful choices, knowing your vegetables is a must in any chef’s education. Vegetables and the unique cooking techniques that serve them best will be discussed in this class, as well as product quality, freshness, shelf life and storage. Vegetarian main dishes and Vegetable side dishes are prepared in this important class, with emphasis on a wide variety of produce and best methods for shopping at Farmer’s Markets. Recipes include classics ranging from Haricot Vert Amandine to Roasted Spaghetti Squash with a Tomato Leek Fondue and everything in between.
• Class #8 – Potatoes – A versatile and important product, potatoes take their place in the spotlight in this class. In this culinary cooking class, several different cooking techniques will be discussed and practiced, including Appariel Duchesse, Sautéed potatoes, Pan-fried potatoes, traditional French Fries, Potatoes baked in casserole, and the classic Potato Chip. Most restaurants utilize a variety of potato side dishes for every menu they offer and you will learn a wide selection in this class.
• Class #9 – Dry Heat Cooking Methods – Now it’s time to start putting all the culinary knowledge you’ve gained in the previous classes together. This class covers dry heat cooking methods such as Sautéing, Broiling, Grilling and Roasting. All students will prepare, cook and serve a complete meal consisting of protein, starch and vegetable, utilizing the knowledge and skills they have acquired in the previous cooking classes. Important techniques of Fish, Poultry, Pork and Beef butchery are introduced in this class. Meal plating and presentation are key components, as students individually prepare, plate and garnish meals worthy of the finest restaurants.
• Class #10 – Moist Heat Cooking Methods – Moist heat techniques, including Poaching, Steaming, Searing, Braising and using a Court bouillon and Cuisson, are the primary focus for this class. Moist heat cooking is used to produce flavorful dishes by gently cooking the item in varied amounts of liquid, which students use to create a sauce for the finished dish. In this cooking class, all students will again have the opportunity to prepare, cook and serve a complete meal consisting of protein, starch and vegetable, using this newly-acquired skill. Meal plating, garnishing and presentation will continue to be emphasized.
• Class #11 – Pasta, Rice and Dumplings – Today’s class will make you a maestro of this versatile kitchen staple – starch! Pasta, rice and dumplings are generally made with ingredients that are inexpensive and easily stored in the kitchen. During this class, students get to dig in with Chef Eric to learn the basics of dough and dumpling mixing and create dishes such as pasta, Spaetzle, gnocchi and polenta. We’ll also learn how additional ingredients such as seasonings, herbs and more can be used to change the color, shape, texture or taste of the final product. We also make Sauces – Pesto, Alfredo, Beurre Noisette (Brown Butter) and Tomato. Gluten-free options are explored in this class.
• Class #12 – Appetizers and Hors d’ouvres – A classic that is continually reinvented, appetizers and hors d-oeuvres are an essential part of any chef’s culinary education. This class focuses on dishes that can function as first courses in a multi-course meal, as well as small items that can be served at a cocktail party or small catered affair. A range of cooking techniques are employed and the only limits are your imagination. Marinades, Sauces, Chutneys and Vinaigrettes are all given their due. Canapés, Satés, Pate a choux and a wide range of other hot and cold hors d’ouvres will also be covered.
• Class #13 – Garde Manger and Charcuterie – The section of the kitchen that prepares Sausages, Terrines, Pates and smoked items is called Garde Manger, or cold kitchen. In today’s class, students will take on the role of a Garde Manger chef, learning about Sausage making and more. We make Country-style Sausages, Breakfast-style Sausages, Italian-style Sausages, and Tex-Mex Sausages in casings and patties. We also create sumptuous seafood timbales and tasty Vegetarian tortas and terrines to complete the Garde Manger section of this class; a consistent student favorite.
• Class #14 – Wine and Food Pairing – A very popular class, Chef Eric constructs a menu with seasonal ingredients and pairs wines that complement the meal throughout. Walk away from this class understanding how flavors and ingredients interact and the best techniques for creating elegant pairings to create culinary bliss. Learn traditional and comprehensive pairings for each course – including sauces, vegetables, starches, meats, poultry and fish. Dinner party planning is also emphasized.
• Class #15 – Chef’s Menu – In this class students get to take the spotlight and demonstrate their newfound culinary skills. Chef Eric selects recipes for the students to make without substantial assistance and critiques plating, presentation, timing and taste of the menus. Butchery, sauce making, advanced meal preparation, garnishing and plating techniques are emphasized. Students apply all of their knowledge and skill in this penultimate class.
• Class # 16 – Final Class – Students prepare an intricate menu including an entrée, vegetable and side dish without the use of recipes. A final food tasting, critique and student discussion will wind up the class, followed with a strong finish as Culinary Master Chef Program Certificates are presented to graduates. Timing, plating, garnishing and presentation are essential components to the success of the students’ final menu.
NOTE: It is always a good idea to verify date, time, location and other information prior to going.
Eye Spy LA is not responsible for the accuracy of this information.
Go To Website *** Get MAP ***
Follow Eye Spy LA
No documents found
FREE Eye Spy LA
Don't miss out on free & discount ticket offers
and all of the other fun things to do in LA each week.
Take a look at some past issues HERE
MONTHLY LA EVENTS CALENDAR
ART THIS WEEK IN L.A.