ABOUT EYE SPY LA
The local's Guide for events,
places to go, and things to do.
EDITOR: Andrea Kirk
PRIME VIDEO UNLEASHES "PACKED WEEKEND" ON LOS ANGELES
|Community in Los Angeles|
Date(s): 11/20/2020 to 11/22/2020
Day(s): Friday Saturday Sunday
GO TO Website Link
TELL YOUR FRIENDS
PRIME VIDEO UNLEASHES “PACKED WEEKEND” ON LOS ANGELES TO CELEBRATE DOGS AROUND THE WORLD
Launching November 20th To Coincide with the Premiere of the Amazon Original Series ‘The Pack,’ Dog Lovers and
Their Four-Legged Friends are Invited to Participate in Dog-Friendly Festivities, Support Local Businesses and Charitable Organizations and Compete for a Chance to Win the Adventure of a Lifetime
Full Event Details for the L.A. Area at PackedWeekend.com
CULVER CITY, CA – November 17, 2020 – What if, just for one weekend, the City of Angels honored the unmatched bond between humans and dogs with a weekend unlike any other? To celebrate the premiere of The Pack on November 20th, Amazon Prime Video has created the ultimate holiday for dogs and the people who love them: an extraordinary PACKED WEEKEND, offering one-of-a-kind, pup-centric experiences in the Los Angeles area. This global celebration, running Friday, November 20th through Sunday, November 22nd, invites everyone and their pets to experience pampering, exciting activities, and a way to help support local businesses.
Beginning Friday, November 20th, local L.A. businesses will offer giveaways, discounted or free services, surprise pup-grades, and gifts with purchase throughout PACKED WEEKEND! Be on the lookout in your neighborhood for giveaways and discounts at retailers like complimentary "puppucinos" at Coffee for Sasquatch, complimentary “Chicken & Woofles” at Ashland Hill in Santa Monica, waived adoption fees at Long Beach Animal Care Services, free box of dog food at JustFoodForDogs Kitchens, a chance to win a free year of doggy day care at Camp Bow Wow, as well as many other perks! For a list of confirmed activities and giveaways in the Los Angeles area, see below – and remember to check back with PackedWeekend.com regularly as new brands and delights are being added every day.
The PACKED WEEKEND fun continues with the PACK WALK CHALLENGE, a global opportunity to get moving with your pup. Starting Friday, November 20th, everyone can use MapMyFitness or MyFitnessPal apps from Under Armour to participate in “20 Workouts in 30 Days” or “30 Miles in 30 Days” (depending on the app) to help us achieve the largest global pack walk ever, while helping you and your pet stay healthy and strong! During the course of the PACK WALK CHALLENGE, pet parents are encouraged to donate to three worthy charitable organizations right in the app –The American Heart Association’s Healthy Bond for Life, Environmental Defense Fund, and Best Friends Animal Society– to spotlight their own health, that of the planet and to help every dog live their best life. And, to honor the spirit of charity at the heart of The Pack, Prime Video will generously match consumer donations up to $100,000 (split evenly among the charities) for a 24-hour window beginning November 21st. After completing the Challenge, eligible participants will have the chance to win a prize package, including roundtrip travel for four anywhere Alaska Airlines flies. Fans everywhere can get pumped up with a playlist curated exclusively for the PACK WALK CHALLENGE from Amazon Music.
In addition to the paw-some experiences available in cities throughout the world, PACKED WEEKEND will take over Los Angeles with can’t miss experiences and delights from these dog-loving brands:
● Coffee for Sasquatch – Will offer complimentary "puppucinos" while supplies last.
● Santa Cruz Market – Will distribute The Pack promotional items and hold a raffle for a premium prize offering!
● Long Beach Animal Care Services – will waive adoption fees at their adoption event at Pet Supplies Plus in Long Beach. Additionally, all adoption fees from the shelter itself will be reduced to $10 over PACKED WEEKEND.
● Sailor & Friends Pet Supply - Offering a 25% discount on dog apparel and travel items.
● Ashland Hill – The hip Santa Monica spot will offer a complimentary order of "Chicken & Woofles" over PACKED WEEKEND in addition to hosting a watch party of the series' first episode, hosted by famous dog influencer Sushi Says.
● Pasadena Humane Society – will offer a 20% discount on purchases made in their onsite pet supply and retail store, The Shelter Shop, to anyone who mentions PACKED WEEKEND.
● JustFoodForDogs – New customers can snag a free box of Chicken & White Rice or Beef & Russet Potato Pantry Fresh, dog food at JustFoodForDogs Kitchens at four LA locations (Costa Mesa, West Hollywood, Sherman Oaks and Manhattan Beach) while supplies last.
● Pete’s Breakfast House – Offering a complimentary item off their dog-friendly "Yappy Days" menu with the purchase of two regular menu items over PACKED WEEKEND. Giveaways while supplies last.
● Woofpak – Locations will offer half off all items in store as well as holding The Pack Prize Pack raffle over PACKED WEEKEND. Prizes while supplies last.
● Camp Bow Wow – Offering pet parents the chance to win a free year of doggy day care and boarding services at one of their 180+ locations in North America.
To find out how you can take advantage of these local and nationwide offerings, and for a complete list of paw-ticipating brands, visit PackedWeekend.com.
Local events will be conducted in compliance with local COVID-19 safety guidelines and regulations.
About THE PACK
The Pack, is a new global unscripted series that celebrates the unrivaled bond between dogs and their human companions. Hosted by gold medalist Lindsey Vonn and her canine co-host Lucy, the series features twelve teams of dogs and their humans on an epic adventure across multiple continents. The Amazon Original series The Pack will premiere on November 20th, on Amazon Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories.
At stake is a life-changing $750,000 for the winning duo and their charity, with $500,000 going to the winners and $250,000 for the animal charity of their choice. Additionally, The Pack donated $250,000 during filming to multiple charities and animal rescue organizations in each country, helping to pay it forward to dogs and those who love them around the world. To win the monetary prize for themselves and their charity, the teams will have to depend on their understanding of one another’s strengths and weaknesses and prove to have the strongest bond in the pack. In each locale, the human and dog duos will face fun and exciting challenges, designed in concert with a team of accredited veterinarians and certified dog experts that also accompany the group on their exciting journey, making sure it is a positive experience for everyone.
The Pack is produced by Amazon Studios and Renegade 83, an Entertainment One company. Jay Bienstock with Jay Renfroe and David Garfinkle of Renegade 83 serve as Executive Producers.
Prime members will be able to stream The Pack exclusively via the Prime Video app for TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, mobile devices and online at www.amazon.com/originals. Members will also be able to download the series to mobile devices for offline viewing at no additional cost to their membership. The series is a global release and available on PrimeVideo.com for Prime Video members in more than 240 countries and territories.
Customers who are not already Prime members can sign up for a free trial at www.amazon.com/prime. For a list of all Prime Video compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
NOTE: It is always a good idea to verify date, time, location and other information prior to going.
Eye Spy LA is not responsible for the accuracy of this information.
Go To Website *** Get MAP ***
Follow Eye Spy LA
THE OINKSTER - SLOW FAST FOOD
2005 Colorado Blvd., Eagle Rock, Ca 323-255-Oink - I Happened, Quite Accidentally, Onto This Slow Fast Food Joint When I Was Exploring Some Of The Small Galleries In The Eagle Rock Area During The Holidays. It Turns Out They Cure Their Own Pastrami ....
MUSEUM FREE DAYS
- - Many Museums Offer Free Admission On Certain Days Of The Week Or Month - Most Are On Thursdays. Here Is A List And Links To Detailed Information. See The Museum Page For A List Of All Museums. Always ....
HERITAGE SQUARE MUSEUM
3800 Homer Street, Los Angeles, California 90031-1530 (323) 225-2700 - A Living History Museum Reflecting The Settlement And Development Of Southern California From The Civil War To The Early 20Th Century, Heritage Square Museum Offers Visitors A Look Into The Everyday ....
LOS ANGELES AREA FARMERS MARKETS
- Dates, Times And Locations For Weekly Farmers Markets In The Los Angeles Area:
RED LINE METRO SUBWAY
Runs From Union Station (Downtown L.A.) To North Hollywood (San Fernando Valley) - - From The Small Stage To The Small Screen, From Twenties Art Deco To Fifties Suburbs, From Making Films To Watching Them - The Subway Takes In A Big Slice Of Los Angeles. You Can Travel Between North ....
ART THIS WEEK IN L.A.