Some of Eye Spy LA's favorite places to go & things to do anytime. READ MORE
EYE SPY LA AL FRESCO
Our favorite places to go for outdoor summer entertainment. READ MORE
|"Other good sites for free or inexpensive activities and up-to-the-minute tips are EyeSpyLA.com, sf.funcheap.com, and londonforfree.net.” - shopping & travel writer Jennifer Paull for FOXNEWS.com|
"Just wanted to tell you how much I look forward to seeing your Eye Spy in my In Box. Keep up the good work....you are my social secretary!"
We get mail
"Had the most incredible time at the New Boyz free concert today with
my kids. Would never had known about it if not for your website. Thank you!!" -Elizabeth T
"Thank you so much for putting out this great resource! I just saw the hot air balloon festival and am over the moon happy about it!
Thanks & have a GREAT weekend:-)" - Ann
"Eye Spy LA is the greatest events calendar for LA. Period. Not only do we always list our Spirited Woman events in it and have pulled great results - but it is my own weekly "whats-going-on" bible, and I personally don't make a plan before checking the listings." - Nancy Mills Founder, Spirited Woman
"I so look forward to this [newsletter] every Friday. Thank you" - Icetea3
"Thank you for writing wonderful editions of Eye Spy LA. Every Fri. I look forward to open my e-mail. It comes so handy to know about places or events that my family and I can attend on the weekends. Wishing you and your loved ones a happy and safe holiday season!!!!" - Patricia Arias
FREE Eye Spy LA
Don't miss out on free & discount ticket offers, contests and all of the other fun things to do in LA each week. Take a look at some past issues HERE
ABOUT EYE SPY LA
The local's Guide for events,
places to go, and things to do.
EDITOR: Andrea Kirk
16 WEEK MASTER CHEF CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
|Classes & Seminars in West LA|
Date(s): 01/17/2017 to 05/09/2017
Address: 2366 Pelham Ave., Los Angeles,Ca 90064
GO TO Website Link
Go To Facebook
Go To Twitter
Go To You Tube
Go To Buy Tickets
TELL YOUR FRIENDS
CULINARY MASTER CHEF PROGRAM – 16 Weeks - $2,700*
Payment Plans available!
Includes the Culinary Textbook, Chef Jacket, Chef Apron
This information-packed series is what CHEF ERIC spent years learning at the CIA
Tuesdays, 1/17/17-5/9/17 6:30pm-10:00pm
Sundays, 1/22/17-5/14/17 9:30am-1:00pm
• Hands-on techniques for immediate application in today's kitchens
• Ingredients are fresh and unprocessed
• Every student learns to prepare meals without recipes
• New Vegetarian Recipes
• Certificates are awarded upon completion of classes
• Pass the County Food Handlers Exam
• Class #1 - Knife Skills/Introduction to the Kitchen – The most important basic technique taught to all culinary students. Includes Basic Kitchen Equipment and Sanitation Instruction.
• Class #2 - Stocks – A great stock is the key to many recipes, Fish, Chicken, and Beef.
• Class #3 - Grand Sauces – Hollandaise, Béchamel, Veloute, Demi-Glace and Tomato Sauce. Students acquire important skills for sauce making.
• Class #4 - Soups – Many a great meal starts with wonderful soup. We explore a variety of recipes using stocks.
• Class #5 - Contemporary Sauces – Prepare fresh and tasty modern-style sauces perfect for accompanying all meals, including today’s lighter menus.
• Class #6 - Breakfast and Egg Cookery – Learn the versatility of breakfast/egg cookery with a variety of menus.
• Class #7 - Vegetable Cookery – Proper buying/storage of produce; delicious preparations of seasonal items.
• Class #8 - Potato Cookery – Potatoes are an essential item in any kitchen. Several different cooking techniques will be used by students in this important section.
• Class #9 - Dry Heat Cooking Methods – This class focuses on sautéing, broiling, grilling, and roasting.
• Class #10 - Moist Heat Cooking Methods – Practice techniques like poaching, braising, stewing and steaming.
• Class #11 - Pasta, Rice and Dumplings – Learn a variety of cooking methods for rice, dumplings and pasta.
• Class #12 - Appetizers and Hors d’ouvres – The focus is on dishes that might be enjoyed as a first course in a multi-course meal, as well as delectable tidbits to be nibbled at a cocktail party with presentation.
• Class #13 - Garde Manger and Charcuterie – The importance of sausages, terrines, pates and smoked items in the kitchen and dining room are explored in this exciting class – one of the favorites of the program.
• Class #14 - Wine and Food Pairing – The Chef constructs a menu with seasonal ingredients and pairs wines to accompany the menu as we taste several varieties with our meals.
• Class #15 - Instructor Menu – The Chef selects recipes for the students to make without substantial assistance and critiques plating, presentation and taste of the menus.
• Class #16 - Final Class – Students make an intricate menu with an entrée, vegetable and side dish without the use of recipes. Last class food critique and discussion follows as we wind up our Culinary Master Chef Program and Certificates are presented.
NOTE: It is always a good idea to verify date, time, location and other information prior to going.
Eye Spy LA is not responsible for the accuracy of this information.
Go To Website *** Get MAP ***
Follow Eye Spy LA
Classes & Seminars
POTTERY CLASSES FOR KIDS & ADULTS
3795 Boise Avenue, Mar Vista, Ca 90066 (3 Blocks West Of Centinela, Off Venice) 310-567-2708. - - Peach Tree Pottery Classes, Studio And Gallery. If You've Ever Thought You'd Like To Try Throwing A Pot, This Is A Fun And Relaxed Place To Try It Out. Unleash Your Creativity, Learn To Throw A Pot I ....
J SPOT COMEDY CLUB
5581 W. Manchester Ave., Los Angeles, Ca 90045 (310)337-9057 - Upscale Comedy Club Full Bar & Restaurant J. Anthony Brown & Friends -Wednesday Nights
Thursday Nights - Comedy
Friday Nights - Ron G. / Grady
Saturday Night - Derrick Ellis & Friends Wednesday, T ....
THE GETTY CENTER
1200 Getty Center Drive Los Angeles, Ca 90049 Use The Getty Center Exit From I405 (310) 440-7300 - A Tram Takes Visitors From The Parking At Street Level Up To The Museum. In Addition To The Art Housed Here, The Architecture, Gardens And Setting, Perched Above West Los Angeles, Are Spectacular. If ....
UCLA HAMMER MUSEUM
10899 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles, Ca 90024 310.443.7000 - Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat 11Am-7 Pm
Thu 11Am-9 Pm Thursdays Are Free Of Charge
Sun 11Am-5 Pm $5 Adults
$3 Seniors (65+) And Ucla Alumni Association Members With Id
Free For Museum Members, Ucla Students, Fa More ....
SKIRBALL CULTURAL CENTER
2701 N. Sepulveda Blvd., Los Angeles, Ca 90049 Skirball Cultural Center - (Located Off The 405 Freeway; Exit Skirball Center Drive) (310) 440-4500 - - Its Mission Is To Explore The Connections Between Four Thousand Years Of Jewish Heritage And The Vitality Of American Democratic Ideals. It Seeks To Welcome And Inspire People Of Every Ethnic And Cul ....
UCLA FOWLER MUSEUM OF CULTURAL HISTORY
W Sunset Blvd & Westwood Plz, Los Angeles, Ca 90077 Ucla North Campus-- Parking On Lot 4; Enter At Sunset And Westwood. 310/825-4361 - The Ucla Fowler Museum Of Cultural History Explores Art And Material Culture Primarily From Africa, Asia And The Pacific, And The Americas, Past And Present. The Fowler Seeks To Enhance Understanding More ....
MUSEUM OF TOLERANCE
9786 West Pico Blvd Los Angeles, Ca 90035 Simon Wiesenthal Plaza (Southeast Corner Of Pico Boulevard And Roxbury Drive). Entrance On Pico - F 310-553-8403 - The Museum Of Tolerance Provides A Unique And Provocative Experience That Challenges Visitors To Become Witnesses To History, Confront The Dynamic Of Intolerance That Is Still Embedded In Society Tod
NOAH’S ARK AT THE SKIRBALL
2701 N. Sepulveda Blvd., Los Angeles, Ca 90049 Skirball Cultural Center - (Located Off The 405 Freeway; Exit Skirball Center Drive) (310) 440-4500 - $12 General | $9 Seniors, Full-Time Students, And Children Over 12 | $7 Children 2–12 | Free To Skirball Members And Children Under 2 - New Family Destination Promises To Be Summer’S “Hot Ticket”! The Skirball Cultural Center Opens Noah’S Ark At The Skirball—An Innovative, Delight-Filled Destination For Children And Families Of ....
WESTWOOD FARMERS MARKET - THURSDAYS
11020 Constitution Avenue Los Angeles Ca The Market Is At The Va, In Front Of The Vets Garden (Permanent Signs Lead To The Garden). 310-861-8188 - Come Out And Enjoy The Peaceful And Shady Garden Setting Of The Westwood Farmers Market, At The Vets Garden At The Va. The Emphasis Is On Real Farmers And On Good Food. The Market Features More Tha
Parks & Gardens
BURTON W. CHACE PARK
13650 Mindanao Way, Marina Del Rey Ca 310-822-8530 - - Burton W. Chace Park Offers Multi-Purpose Rooms, Picnic Tables, Barbecues, Pergolas, Picnic Shelters, Outdoor Programs, Great Harbor Viewing Areas, Guest Docks, And Is Host To Numerous Year-Round Eve ....
WILL ROGERS STATE HISTORIC PARK
1501 Will Rogers State Park Rd, Pacific Plsds, Ca 90272 310-454-8212, Ext. 103 - - Will Rogers, The Famous Actor/Movie Star, Philospher And Radio Personality Built This Ranch In The Pacifc Palisades During The 1920'S. The Ranch And Surrounding Property Was Given To The State Of Cal ....
KENNETH HAHN STATE RECREATION AREA
4100 South La Cienega Boulevard Los Angeles, Ca 90056 Baldwin Hills (323) 298-3660 - - A Great Park, Nestled In The Hills With The Drills Off Of La Cienega In The Baldwin Hills Area. Spectacular Views Of Downtown L.A. And Most Of The Rest Of The City As Well. It Has A Fishing Lake (5 C ....
FREE Eye Spy LA
Don't miss out on free & discount ticket offers
and all of the other fun things to do in LA each week.
Take a look at some past issues HERE
MONTHLY LA EVENTS CALENDAR
ART THIS WEEK IN L.A.