Eye Spy LA is the "Local's Guide To L.A." - Since 2003 Eye Spy LA has been an independent, alternative resource for creative and unique, entertainment, events and activities in the greater Los Angeles area - including Orange County, Ventura County and the Inland Empire. EyespyLA.com has a calendar of events plus weekly editorial reviews and other commentary about places to go and things to do.
WHERE will my listing appear? Listings appear on the Calendar in date order (end date) also on topic, location and other heading pages that you choose when filling out the listing form.
FILLING OUT THE
CALENDAR LISTING FORM:
LOCATION - neighborhood
The geographic location of the event or activity. Choose the neighborhood that is closest to your address. Based on that selection your listing will appear on the appropriate Neighborhood & Regional calendars. (Example: your event is in Venice, it will also appear in the Westside region.)
HEADING choose one
SPECIAL INTEREST choose any applicable. Your listing will appear on the special pages you choose (subject to editorial review).
- Entertainment for audience based events and ongoing shows and performances.
- Activities are non-entertainment ongoing and other "participative" things to do (such as classes, workshops, tours & excursions, recreation, arcades, amusements, etc.)
- Events for specific date special events such as festivals, special events at a museum, art receptions, fundraising events, etc.
TOPIC choose one
- Arts & Culture performing arts, visual arts, art galleries, art exhibits, cultural experiences
- Kids - family oriented events and entertainment, activities for children
- Shopping - events where things are available for purchase and ongoing places to shop such as farmers markets, fashion, boutiques, gourmet food, art galleries, etc.
- Food & Wine - events and ongoing activities ABOUT food and/or wine OR shopping for food and wine. NOT other types of events where food & wine might be served.
- Gay - events and activities of special interest to the LGBT community
- Pets - pet friendly events and places to go
Your listing will appear on the topic page you choose (subject to editorial review).
ADDRESS & WEBSITE - please make sure this information is correct. Links to your website and a Google map will be automatically created based on the input in these two fields.
NEW Field: VENUE (opitonal) the name of the theater or other facility where your event is located.
Use the PREVIEW button before you publish your listing. Check to make sure you have entered the information correctly and that website & map links work. Then go back to make necessary changes or publish your listing.
WHEN will my listing appear?
Quality is important at Eye Spy LA. Your listing will be PUBLISHED AFTER editorial review. All listings may be edited or deleted at our discretion.
MAKE A MISTAKE? send any corrections to editor[at]eyespyla.com
POST A NEW LISTING
All listings are subject to editorial review
Basic listings are free
- STEP 1 - ENTER in the basic information about your event
- STEP 2 - PREVIEW your basic listing & make corrections. PLEASE follow instructions and edit your listing carefully or your listing will NOT BE PUBLISHED.
- STEP 3 - SUBMIT your listing - you MUST click the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the form to submit your new listing for review so that it can appear on the Eye Spy LA calendars.
- STEP 4 - CHOOSE EXTRAS (optional - but very worthwhile)
PLEASE READ DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS ON THE LEFT
STEP 1 - Enter the basic information
|Choose the EVENT LOCATION: Select the location of your event. If your location is not in the list choose the closest.|
IMPORTANT - These selections determine where your listing appears.
|Choose One MAJOR Heading:|
Choose Special Interest Headings (ONLY if applicable):
Arts & Culture
Food & Wine
|Choose a TOPIC: |
IMPORTANT - this is the specific type of info you are posting. Choose from the drop down list.
|DATES: Enter event start and end dates here. Eye Spy LA is primarily an event calendar, ONGOING & RECURRING ACTIVITIES may list here BUT for a maximum of one month only per listing. NOTE: listings will appear in End Date order. |
|TITLE or headline:|
What is your listing for? Enter a headline, title or the name of your event, activity or business.
Enter the title of your event or activity here
|ADDRESS: specific address information for the event location.||
Street Address, City, Zip, ONLY
|Phone: (if applicable - for public to get more information)||
|Your WEB LINK:|
Enter the url for your website where site visitors can find more information or buy tickets, etc.
|COST: (put ticket, admission or other cost information here.)||
|DISCOUNT OFFER - special discount to Eye Spy LA readers? WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? This is a great way to get additional exposure on Eye Spy LA and also track the effectiveness of your listing.||IF you are offering a special EYE SPY LA discount only: enter discount description here: Example: 20% off - use promo code EYESPYLA. NOTE: Discount MUST be specific to Eye Spy LA NOT a generic discount (ie: Senior, Student, etc). DISCOUNT listings will display on the special Eye Spy LA DISCOUNT page in addition to regular pages. PLEASE leave this field blank if you are not offering a special EYE SPY LA discount.|
Your Contact Information: for ESLA internal use only
This info will NOT DISPLAY for site visitors. Please use a valid email address, phone & name so that Eye Spy LA can communicate with you about your listing. LISTINGS WITHOUT THIS INFORMATION MAY BE DELETED.
|Enter a Full Description Below: Please provide an informative description below (but NOT a press release please) - site visitors who have come this far want to know everything that is pertinent. Include (if applicable): event times, cost, age limitations, etc. Postings that contain a web link only will be deleted. Please DO NOT USE ALL CAPS. Please: URLs and HTML are NOT ALLOWED in this area. Please use the URL field above for your website link (this automatically places a link to your website at the top and the bottom of your calendar listing.) If you would like to add links to Facebook, YouTube, etc. Please join our new VIP Membership program - Learn More |
STEP 2 - Preview your listing
Use the preview to review the information you have entered.
You MUST follow the instructions on the preview page to return and submit your listing.
Does your website link work?
Does your address map link work?